Friday, September 5, 2008

What families are for....



Yesterday was a very busy day. It was unbelievable. It was chaos. I am sore and still tired. But above all, everything that needed to be done, was done.

It all worked because of our family.

Ashley's car needed to go to Nashville to be detailed, on of her birthday presents. Jason needed Blake to be watched while he did things including going tailgating for the Vandy game. Now some may not see that as a "have to" case. But the man is a single parent to 3 kids, he needed a break. I also had to pick-up t-shirts for Stephanie's volleyball game and then get to the game to keep score.

My mom had a very sick dog and had gone to Dickson, my dad had cow stuff including a showing at the fair, Annette had plans with her work friends. All 3 of my oldest had to work until 5-530.

Jason followed me to Nashville, brought me back home. Blake and I went to pick up t-shirts in Pleasantview. Amanda got off work early, went with me to Nashville to pick up Ashley's car. She then went to job #2. Kids get home and now I have Sydney also. Go to game to keep score. Ever tried keeping score for volleyball and hold a 2 year old??? Mrs. Mudd did most at this point as we are co-scorekeepers. My brother Joe arrived around 5, after working all day, to get Blake. He stayed a while and watched the game. When he left Jason's aunt had arrived their house to watch Syd. So Joe took Syd, Blake, and Matthew with him to his son's practice. Did I mention Andrew went to the Vandy game before Joe arrived? Around the time Joe was leaving the rest of my girls got off work and arrived at the game. They could have watched Blake and Syd, but they wanted to go with him.

A long post I know. But the point is, everything was accomplished because of our family. Was it easy? no way. Being there for each other is what family is all about. I have no doubt that Evette would be doing the same for me if she were still with us. We traded school pick up many times, ran errands, did whatever needed to be done.

Stephanie's team played really well by the way.

No comments: