Monday, August 4, 2008

hello

Well for those that know me this is my second blog site. The other one I didn't log into frequently enough and now I can't find it!
I just returned from Mexico from my 7th mission trip. It was really good to be able to serve others and get away from my memories here at home.
The very first day of seeing patients I had a feeling of " this is what I am meant to do". To explain, I was set up as the "gynecologist". Of course this was spelled differently for them. The patients had various complaints including female problems. Even though my background is mostly labor and delivery, you have to remember pregnant patients have other issues, gun shot wounds, heart problems, asthma, etc. So as I was treating females, I just had knowledge that I didn't realize and I knew how they needed to be treated. I of course used my trusty pharmacopia to look up all drugs I was unsure of. Dr. Don was great. He answered all questions I ask and even ask me for some advice. He boosted my confidence level so much that again, I knew this is what I am meant to be doing. School may take forever, but it is the right path for me. I even asked the "new" dr on the team, Dr John, several questions. Again, I was confirmed in my choice of treatment and felt very confident.
I hope this isn't coming across as bragging. It really is just great for me to know that I have something I can offer these humble people, and knowing that there is a way I can truly help serve God.
I will post more later but wanted to at least start with this!
Evonne

1 comment:

Tina Sauers said...

it does not sound at all like bragging. it sounds like God has given you a gift and you are pleased to be able to use it. was paul bragging when he talked about his mission trips? hmmmm?