Monday, April 13, 2009

Opossum story


Since I really don't know the "laws" regarding opossums, I hesitate to post complete details about a recent visitor we had.
Let's just go with, it was found by my husband and he was not happy to be surprised in that manner. No one used the bats that I suggested. The BB gun didn't hurt it. And once we saw the babies all aggressive action ceased.
A good neighbor helped to relocate mom and babies (hopefully far far away), in a place I am sure they will be much happier.
If any of you have met Marcus, our small (ha ha) orange and white cat, it was comparable in size. We had some new born kittens meet an untimely end of life recently and now I am suspicious about how this visitor got so well fattened. If we lived farther out in the country maybe she could have even made some one a good supper!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Ashley said...

That thing looks mean and ugly!! I am glad that I was not home when you found it.